SAVE THE DATE! Hidden Hills Fiesta “Blue Jeans and Country Dreams” Sept 23 & 24
Hidden Hills Fiesta is a 2-day autumn event with a parade down Long Valley and Round Meadow with contests, equestrian events, dinner and live music. Event includes:
- Chili and Cornbread Cook-off
- Pet Parade and Contest
- “Kitty’s” Drink Booth
- Fiesta Dinner
- Craft Beer and Boutique Wine Booth
- Pancake Breakfast
- Adult Art Show
- Wine Exchange / Picnic Box Dinner
- Exotic Car Show
“Blue Jeans and Country Dreams,” this year’s Fiesta theme, evokes vivid images synonymous with our Hidden Hills. From the City’s earliest beginnings, Blue Jeans have played a huge roll within the City.
Whether 501 Levis on horseback, Jorts (jeans shorts) of the early 80’s, to the designer jeans of today, you can bet blue jeans witnessed a few or more Hidden Hills Fiestas over the years. And Country Dreams is why we are all here, isn’t it? Our little slice of heaven is exactly that, a Country Dream. An escape from reality. A slower pace of life. A place where you know your neighbors like family and join them each week for a BBQ, walk or ride.
This year’s Hidden Hills Fiesta, our annual tradition, celebrates just that: the Blue Jean lifestyle and the Dream that is our Hidden Hills. Now in its 56th year, Fiesta weekend gives all of us a chance to relax a bit and celebrate the incredible community that we are privileged to live in. It’s more than a carnival, parade, and In-N-Out Burger. The Saturday night Community Dinner sold over 1,000 tickets last year. With just over 1,800 total residents, theoretically over 50% of our City residents enjoyed each other’s company over a meal, a drink and fun.
The following pages of this year’s Fiesta brochure tell you everything you need to know about this upcoming September event. Take a moment and explore the variety of offerings (including some new ones) for residents of all ages. We bet you will find something that excites you and your family.
So dust off your old Levi’s or find those perfectly cut designer jeans and join your friends and neighbors at the Hidden Hills 2017 Fiesta.
See you there!
Linda Raznick, Renee Sherman and Kathy Jackoway /2017 Fiesta Co-Chairs / 2017 Grand Marshall
- Parade theme – “Blue Jeans and Country Dreams”
Decorate your float, horse, golf cart, bike
- Date Saturday, September 23, 8:00 am line-up at Round Meadow Elementary School. Parade begins at 9:00 am
- No motorcycles, motorized scooters, or stallions in the parade
- Parade road closures
8:00 am – 10:00 am Round Meadow Gate closed
9:00 am – 10:30 am Round Meadow Road closed 9:00 am – 2:30 pm Long Valley Road in front of Community Center closed
- Parade entry forms due Wednesday, September 20
- Parade entry forms available at City Hall (Spring Valley)
Email staff@hiddenhillscity to have your form mailed to you
See you at the parade!
Saturday Afternoon at the Community Cente
- Saturday September 23, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm (after the parade)
- Carnival games, pet parade and contest, bubble rollers in pool, DJ music, crafts, Hu’i Hu’i shaved ice for sale, Miss Kim’s music mania, “Kitty’s” drink booth and goodies
- In-N-Out Burger lunch – $10 includes double-double, chips & drink.
Lunch tickets go on sale BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, 9/6 and must be purchased by Wednesday, September 20 at City Hall (Spring Valley)
No day-of purchases. See reservation form on page 10.
Chili and Cornbread Cook-off
Saturday, September 23 / Community Center
- Chili must be cooked ahead of time and brought in a crock-pot
- Provide necessary condiments for your chili
- Power strips, spoons, cups and napkins provided
- Please provide a description of your chili
- No entry fee
- Prizes awarded
- Drop off chili and cornbread between 8:30 and 11:30
- Judging: 11:30 – 12:00
- Entry forms available at City Hall (Spring Valley)
Email staff@hiddenhillscity to have entry form mailed to you
Saturday Night Carnival and Community Dinner
- “The best Carnival in Hidden Hills”
- All game/ride wristbands can be purchased at City Hall (Spring Valley) for $12 through Friday, September 22
- Free game/ride wristband with each dinner ticket purchase
- Spring Valley arena 4:00 – 10:00 pm (dinner begins at 5:00 pm)
- Free trolley service 3:30 – 10:30 to and from Spring Valley Arena
Trolley will travel to and from the arena to Long Valley and Round Meadow roads
- Free face painting and balloon animals
- Free popcorn and cotton candy throughout the night
- Traditional BBQ dinner – BBQ chicken and tri-tip, confetti corn salad, salad, roasted potatoes, three-cheese macaroni and cheese, cornbread, apple, peach, and cherry cobbler. Kids Menu too!
- New this year craft beer sold by 5 Threads Brewery and boutique wine sold by Wades Wines
- Dinner tickets go on sales BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, 9/6 and must be purchased at City Hall (Spring Valley) by Wednesday, September 20. See reservation form on page 10.
Horsemen Pancake Breakfast
- Sunday, September 24 at Hidden Hills Community Center 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, coffee, and mimosas
- Breakfast ticekts go on sale BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, 9/6 and must be purchased at City Hall (Spring Valley) by Friday, September 22. See reservation form on page 10.
Sunday Night: Wine Exhange / Picnic Box Dinner / Car Show
- Sunday, September 24 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Tickets go on sale beginning Wednesday, September 6
- Close out the 2017 Fiesta in style
- Bring your favorite bottle of red and white wine to share and taste
- Pre-purchase a picnic box dinner (provided by Pedalers Fork) at City Hall (Spring Valley) or bring your own
- Show your exotic car. Park your car in front of Community Center by 5:00 pm
See reservation form on page 10.
- Adult Art Show
Here is the schedule!